Street art, graffiti, canvases
Somari is a street artist.
She creates murals, graffiti and canvases in her own style, which is based on post graffiti and retro futurism.
Her murals are in Ukraine, Germany and Switzerland. Graffiti and street art in many other countries of the world. Also Somari gives live performances, draws at exhibitions, festivals and contemporary art events. She lectures about graffiti and copyright for creators. She is also the author of the Ptichka character, which is her mascot and is drawn on the streets of many countries and cities.
Topics Somari explores in her work:
- creation, development and detailing of the universe, the development of its characters, the development of Ptichka.
- inscribing art into the urban environment as a powerful tool for communicating with citizens.
- study of type, where visual form is more important than readability.
- reflections on the cities of the future and their possible problems associated with the onset of technogenic civilization, which is displacing plant life.
- problems of the role and identification as an artist in peacetime and wartime.
Somari was born and studied art in Sievierodonetsk, Donbas, Ukraine. She has an urbanist education in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Before moving to Berlin, she lived and worked in Kyiv.